Family update time!
- Loves learning Italian and using it in everyday conversation. It is both satisfying and a challenge.
- Could eat my weight in caprese salads with mozzarella di bufula. IT IS SO GOOD HERE and tastes nothing like in the US. Also pesto. Pesto. On. Everything.
- Have discovered some great tools for parenting that I have been putting to the test. I have been trying to have a more positive tone with Vance and giving over more control to him in everyday decision making. It is having a great impact on him and it is rewarding to see how he can take charge.
- Am SO excited to go to Paris next week. It is somewhere I have always wanted to visit and to share it with my family is fantastic! My number one thing I want to do there? Picnic in front of the Eiffel Tower!
- I am even MORE excited to visit HOME! We fly straight from Paris to CHICAGO. 🙂
- Currently reading: Opening the Hand of Thought by Kosho Uchiyama
- Is making progress at work and liking the challenges this new position is giving him.
- Is becoming a wine connoisseur.
- Favorite food of the moment? Pesto pasta.
- Currently watching: Fringe, the final season
- Currently reading: the news.
- Also excited to visit Paris!
- Rides his new bike every chance he gets. He goes pretty fast, which makes mommy’s heart leap from her chest.
- Has been using Italian words and repeating things he hears. He is on his way to understanding basic commands and phrases!
- Favorite food of the moment? Anything involving pasta. Also oranges from Sicily!
- Favorite toy? “Tiny” legos.
- Blossoming into a very caring and wonderful big brother.
- Excited for Paris because of hot chocolate and macaroons.
- Second black eye of her life.
- New words are “hello”, “more”, “teeth”, “ciao”, “ato” (gelato)
- Tries desperately to keep up with her older brother, including chasing him on his bike.
- Loves to play dress up and parade around the house.
- Also loves pointing to people and saying “baby” and pointing to animals and squeaking.
- Loves to sing, especially the “EIEIO” chorus of Old McDonald.
- Hugs and kisses everything, including mommy, daddy, and “bubba” ❤
- Favorite food? Proscuitto