Uncategorized

Bored? No such thing…

I can say without a doubt that Scandiano is much quieter and smaller than Evanston and Chicago. Add in the fact that we don’t have a car and you have to wonder “what in the heck do you do all day?”

Good question.

A bike ride!
A bike ride to a neighboring town (they have pedestrian trails that connect all of the towns around here…Italians truly love their walking!)

 

Dress up!
Dress up!
Try on hats
Try on hats
Ride the carousel
Ride the carousel
Run through fountains
Run through fountains in clothes
Read an interesting book
Read an interesting book
Play balloon fight (probably initiated by older brother)
Play balloon fight (probably initiated by older brother)
Smell the flowers
Smell the flowers
Pose in front of cool old doors (note two different shoes)
Pose in front of cool old doors (note two different shoes)
Hang out with the bunnies of Scandiano
Hang out with the bunnies of Scandiano
Build a fort out of moving boxes
Build a fort out of moving boxes
Practice hand stands
Practice hand stands
Pick flowers on a walk through the woods
Pick flowers on a walk through the woods
And when all else fails, GELATO.  Vance's flavor of choice? Mint.  Caroline's flavor of choice? All of them.
And when all else fails, GELATO. Vance’s flavor of choice? Mint. Caroline’s flavor of choice? All of them.

We also walk to the water park/pool a few times a week and find other little things to get into here and there.  We have daily trips to the fruit and vegetable stands to gather things for lunch and dinner, which takes up some time as well.

So it is much more quiet, much slower. But in a way that is how I want summer to be. Lounging, taking our time, enjoying the warm sunshine, getting into mischief (which Vance and Caroline just happen to excel at).

Now, I don’t want you to think that it is always relaxing.  Actually, about 15% of my day could be called “relaxing”, while the other 85% is on-the-edge parenting because I am alone with two little ones ALL DAY.  No school, no summer camps, no friends for them to play with…life can be hard.  But, we are trying to take it in stride, thankful that eventually we will return to our little corner of the world in which our loved ones reside.  A week from tomorrow to be exact :).

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s